First and foremost, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! December has been definitely a unique month for me that was full of joy and stress. We are still waiting to close on the property that we got under contract and it has been challenging process, mostly due to the State of Illinois processing this loan. Again, this is because of the grant we are looking to receive from the state, so it ultimately is up to them when they are looking to close on this. From the looks of it they are definitely not in a rush. The grant is a considerable amount of money going towards the principle so we pretty much have no choice and wait it out until we have a clear to close.
Me and my wife are also putting a substantial downpayment on the property and we have accumulated all of the funds necessary to close. I initiated a few stock sales for this downpayment, but it is more minimal than I thought. It is only a few thousand dollars, so nothing that will destroy my passive income that I have built up these last few years. Also, it gave me a great opportunity to clean up the portfolio and get rid of a few bad apples. I will be covering that in the upcoming post.
As far as the dividend income is concerned, it has delivered yet another record month totaling to $240.35 in dividend income.
- Aflac, Inc. (AFL) – $22.72
- ConocoPhillips (COP) – $13.42
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) – $17.58
- Chevron, Inc. (CVX) – $8.63
- Lorillard, Inc. (LO) – $17.34
- Mattel, Inc. (MAT) – $17.98
- American Realty C. P., Inc. (ARCP) – $36.92
- Coca Cola Co. (KO) – $8.54
- Kellogg Co. (K) – $8.33
- McDonald’s Corp. (MCD) – $19.10
- Realty Income Corp. (O) – $8.68
- Waste Management, Inc. (WM) – $9.93
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B) – $28.20
- BlackRock, Inc. (BLK) – $7.82
- Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT) – $15.16
Total – $240.35
I enjoy publishing these dividend income reports as I have gained a better understanding in how much of passive income is coming in every month and how much it is growing over time. For the month of December, I have received a total of 15 diversified direct deposits. When comparing last years total in December 2013 dividend income, it presents a 12.3% year over year growth. The difference from last quarter is 15.9% quarter over quarter decreased growth.
Thank you for reading!