The first month of the new year is officially in the books and it is that time again to report my monthly dividend income. The reason why I truly love dividend income is for its simplicity of generating passive income from the top businesses around the world. These are same type businesses that reward their shareholders with annual dividend raises, simply just for being a part owner in the company. What is better than that? Lets see, I get to receive regular payment in the form of dividends and continue to keep and grow my assets. Winning!
I enjoy publishing these monthly dividend income reports as I have gained a much better understanding in how much of my passive income is coming in every month and how much it is growing over time. For the month of January, I have received a total of 10 diversified direct deposits in the form of dividends straight to my brokerage account. Here it is!
- Baxalta Inc. (BXLT) – $1.61
- Baxter International Inc. (BAX) – $2.65
- Reynolds American Inc. (RAI) – $5.76
- Wall-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT) – $7.84
- Kimberly-Clark Corp. (KMB) – $8.87
- PepsiCo Inc. (PEP) – $19.04
- Phillip Morris International Inc. (PM) – $56.97
- Realty Income Corp. (O) – $9.24
- Digital Realty Trust Inc. (DLR) – $34.00
- The Buckle Inc. (BKE) – $37.50 ($30 Special Dividend)
Total – $183.48
When statistically comparing last years dividend income total from January 2015 to January 2016, it represents a positive 37.6% for a year over year increased growth. The growth difference from last quarter is positive 95.2% quarter over quarter increased growth. Some new names this payout quarter included recently acquired WMT and BKE. Plus BKE payed a sweet one time special dividend on top of the regular dividend, which really boosted the YoY and QoQ performance.
The dividend income page is updated accordingly.
Thank you for reading & have a great day!