It is another record breaking dividend income month as I received the biggest dividend income check I ever have in an entire single month. The previous record was in September of 2015 when I collected a total of $304.24 in dividend income. This recent payout I crushed that record by 11.2%! This one actually took some time to tally it all up and to make sure the number is correct due to so many deposits. To tell you the truth, I knew that third, sixth, ninth and twelfth months of the year are my biggest, though I didn’t see it coming with such a bang. It is really motivating and inspiring to see the organic growth of the investments working together when you get these kind of months that I have only imagined in receiving one day. The best part of all of this is that the portfolio in only in its 4th year of infancy and it still has a lot of growing and compounding to do.
I enjoy publishing these monthly dividend income reports as I have gained a much better understanding in how much of my passive income is coming in every month and how much it is growing over time. For the month of March, I have received a total of 22 diversified direct deposits in the form of dividends straight to my brokerage account. That right there is also the most direct deposits I have ever received. I continue to diversify the portfolio and with diversification, not only do I receive extra safety in time when one security malfunctions, the other ones are right there to pick up the slack. Similarly what happened with COP and KMI, they both have decreased their dividends, but my income is still increasing due to new acquisitions and dividend raises from other holdings. Cheers to dividend raises!
- Aflac, Inc. (AFL) – $24.03
- ConocoPhillips (COP) – $4.59
- Wells Fargo & Co. (WFC) – $7.88
- Mattel, Inc. (MAT) – $18.55
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) – $26.33
- Chevron, Inc. (CVX) – $8.73
- 3M Co. (MMM) – $6.66
- Kellogg Co. (K) – $8.50
- McDonald’s Corp. (MCD) – $20.00
- Realty Income Corp. (O) – $9.63
- V.F. Corp. (VFC) – $5.92
- Waste Management, Inc. (WM) – $10.95
- BlackRock, Inc. (BLK) – $9.28
- The Home Depot, Inc. (HD) – $5.52
- Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT) – $24.93
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B) – $41.36
- T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. (TROW) – $6.58
- Digital Realty Trust, Inc. (DLR) – $35.20
- Public Storage (PSA) – $13.60
- PepsiCo, Inc. (PEP) – $19.04
- The Travelers Companies, Inc. (TRV) – $6.10
- Union Pacific Corp. (UNP) – $24.92
Total – $338.30
When statistically comparing last years dividend income total from March 2015 to March 2016, it represents a positive 20.4% for a year over year increased dividend growth. The growth difference from last quarter is positive 21.4% for a quarter over quarter increased dividend growth.
I have decided to DRIP the following this month: COP, CVX, KMI, MAT, TROW & UNP.
The dividend income page is updated accordingly.
Thank you for reading & have a great day!